Sunday 24 June 2012

Chosen artist

After trying to find another artist to use for my music video, I decided to have a go at the band Cover Drive, however I will be using the main singer as a female solo and use an actress to play the role. I chose Cover Drive because I feel that their music is very different and unique, especially to the British public and I feel that more people should be aware of this different music genre. The song I will be using by Cover Drive for my music video is the song Bajan Style, which is a track off their debut album 'Bajan Style'. I feel this is a fun, upbeat, feel-good song and would be great fun to make and introducing the world to Bajan culture. I have already asked permission from the band to use their music for my music video this year, which I had asked them on Tumblr.


About the band:
There are 4 members to the band who are:
  • Amanda Reifer - lead singer
  • T-Ray Armstrong - drummer/vocalist
  • Barry Hill - guitarist/pianist 
  • Jamar Harding - bassist 

The band are from Barbados and are now currently located in London signed to Polydor records. Their first gig was in Barbados opening for the famous singer Rihanna, which was also her first gig in Barbados since she had been signed. The band were mentored by the popular 80's singer Eddy Grant in Barbados to help them get to where they are today. Before they got signed they used to sing covers of popular chart songs and put their Caribbean twist on it showing their uniqueness in their music and putting them up on YouTube.


Cover Drive are quite popular in the UK right now as well as Barbados. Their first single was called 'Lick Ya Down' released August 2011, second single 'Twilight' released early 2012, which reached to no.1 on the charts and a third single 'Sparks'. Cover Drive are mainly well known in the mainstream pop genre however not very well known over the country overall. They have performed at many places including being the opening act for the Dappy tour (2011), Summer time ball (2012), T4 on the beach (2012) and many more.


Here is a interview of Cover Drive in Germany describing their music style.

No comments:

Post a Comment