Thursday 30 August 2012

Research & Planning: Inspiration for album artwork (ancillary)

For the ancillary task I have been looking at different photoshoots from other artists and general photoshoots to give me some ideas to what I can do for my own. There are many ideas I have in mind to what I can do but have not completely thought exactly what I want to do. Here are some of the photos that I feel inspired by for my own:

I like the idea of the natural looking mise-en-scene like in the left photo with Rihanna acting casual, however the idea of a plane background with stylish clothing is also effective with the colour schemes as it shows off her style as well as her facial expression. 

I also feel the same with these photos, Cassie giving a more natural/casual look but showing off the fashionable clothing and hairstyle.

Facial close-up of Shanell and a black and white wide shot, casual mise-en-scene with clothing that represents her style, which also reflects her genre of music. Keeping it simple.

Simple white mise-en-scene with a blue lighting, styled hairstyle with a unique costume as Janet Jackson is known for wearing these style of clothing and big high heeled shoes.

The black and white is edited around the outline of the body, which is easily edited on photoshop simple but effective and on the right, a casual mise-en-scene with a sunset in a field with a bright pink dress, giving it a calm tone in comparison to the black and white photo on the left as it makes Shakira look more fierce as it is black and white and her make-up, clothing and the editing around her.

Facial close-up of Jasmine V showing the make-up and then a long shot of the body to show the costume and the subject's figure.

Casual mise-en-scene with clothing that matches the background, a brown colour scheme. Graffiti background on the right photo, again matching the colours of her costume but also giving off Ciara's Urban style. 

Sabi standing in front of a flower bush outside wearing clothes that reflect her personality and music style - close up/mid shot.

Additionally, I like this style of photography, which can be edited on Photoshop (photographer http://johnnylacephotography.tumblr.com/)




I think this style of photography is very creative and different and would look good as an album artwork cover. I think that to make the photos look more interesting and unique, edit them on photoshop and give them some different effects to make them stand out from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment