Saturday 8 September 2012

Bajan Style live performance

Over the summer I was lucky enough to see Cover Drive perform live at BT London Live in Victoria Park on 31st July 2012 and luckily for me, the first song they performed was Bajan Style. Whilst enjoying the music and having fun, I also kept in mind to take note on the way Amanda performed as this would help me for my music video, the way she moves with the music and her facial expressions while she was singing. This was useful for me as now I have a full understanding how she performs and how she moves, which I can copy over into my music video. I noticed how this is a song where she moves her hips a lot to, this would make sense as moving your hips is a typical dance move in the Bajan culture and also in Bajan dialect is called 'wukkin' up' so by doing this dance move, she is bringing the Bajan elements to the performance that go along well with the music. Additionally, keeping in mind her clothing and her style, trousers and Doc Martens.

No comments:

Post a Comment