Monday 24 September 2012

Concept idea for my music video

As my chosen song is a feel good song, I decided to keep it simple but having a happy vibe coming from it. It won't really have a specific narrative as there will be clips from different places appearing throughout the video. The main meaning behind the video is to bring the Caribbean, Bajan culture to England and any other parts of the world and for the audience to appreciate and understand more of the culture that they may not have known before, the song itself explains this idea, therefore I am showing this idea. As my song is a Bajan song, I am adding in videos from Barbados (videos I had taken myself from my trip to Barbados) to give it the Bajan feel. I am also adding in videos that I will be taking in London of areas that are well known as this shows the idea of bringing Barbados to London and seeing the similarities and differences between them. Additionally, having solo shots miming the words to the camera, thereby embodying Bajan Style by playing the role of the lead singer, while doing their signature dance moves and showing patriotism through Bajan colours. Possibly towards the end of the song, I will have a scene of a party with posters on the walls showing close-ups of that and people dancing and having fun.
After thinking of this concept, I realised that it is quite similar to the music video Cheers by Rihanna.


This music video has various clips from her in Barbados and America. On Wikipedia it says
"During the Loud Tour concert in Kensington OvalBarbados, on August 5, 2011, Rihanna announced that a taping of "Cheers (Drink to That)" had been recorded during the show for the song's music video. It was later announced that the video would be expected to feature footage of her homecoming, as well as clips of her performing during the North American leg of the tour."


Here is a mind map of the ideas I came up with for my music video, these are basic ideas of what I would like to do but some ideas might change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment