Saturday 8 December 2012

Lighting & colour in Final Cut Pro

As some video clips I have recorded either came out too dark/dull, I have been adjusting the colours on them. For example one video that came out very dark, I lightened it up using Color Corrector 3-way on Final Cut Pro (as said on previous posts). But there have been some videos where the lighting is too dull and need a bit more colour and a bit more brightness. To resolve this, I have also been using Apple's Color.

I feel that by using this I have brightened up a few of my video clips to fit the song better as my song is a very bright and colourful song, therefore by increasing the saturations and testing with tint colours, I feel I have achieved this better.
I started with adjusting the Shadow, going into the Midtones and then the Highlights. However, increasing the saturation levels was the most important. Additionally, Color achieved more than what I felt Colour Corrector 3-way on Final Cut Pro could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment